Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Carpenty Research Part 2

So I continue my search I type in carpentry, A web site came up that sad Careers in Construction. I found out that an average salary for a apprentices is 16.90 per hour. I also learn that carpenters work throw out the construction industry's, They are the largest group of building trades workers. I also found out carpentry work is divided in two categories. Rough Carpentry and Finish Carpentry. Rough carpentry often work outside on Buildings, Houses, And Construction sites. Finish carpentry put in windows, doors, they build in install Cabinets, Lay Hardwood Floor, And also Panel Rooms(Career and Construction). Jim a carpenter sad " A carpenter may work on large construction sites or in small workshops but they get the work done"( Craigmyle).


Something I also learn was that Rough carpenters are expected to lose work time in the winter and when weather is bad(Career and Construction). Now I am thinking is Rough carpentry for me? Then I learn that Both Rough and Finish Carpenters can expect to lose time because of layoffs and material shortages(Career and Construction). So now I am thinking, then I continue to read which i found out that you get pay still and you don't be layoff for a long period of time sometimes only a week or a couple of days cause its all ways work in the construction field. I also learn you can do many side jobs as will. Now I am finding out some interesting things which I am ready to continue my research in find out more of my answer and more interesting facts.


Craigmyle, Jim. "Carpenter Job Description, Career as a Carpenter, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job." Careers in Construction 30 04 2008 .

No comments: