Monday, April 14, 2008

Carpentry

Growing up going to school having techonolgy in the 7th and 8Th grade i found building stuff interesting. I allways like building things when i was younger but when i enter into my 7th and 8th grade year i knew i wanted to get involved with that field. 8th grade year when i pick my highschool i saw Mckinley in it had a course call building trades. I suddenly becamed interested in this school i pick it in got accepted. My first day at Mckinley i had plumbling the first marking period which was ok. Then i had carpentry 2nd marking period which i enjoyed. 3rd marking period i had sheetmetal which i did not find that to intersting. Last marking period i had carpentry again which i knew that was what i wanted to pick to major next year. Having carpentry at Mckinley in being able to have it befor i pick my major at Mckinley help me to become interested in carpentry even more.

I no that carpentry is just not hammering things, Befor you put something together or build something you have to first figure out how. You have to figure out mat problem as well. In carpentry you also have to be as much accurate as possible almost exact. Carpentry is about hard work, you got to be willing to do it. You can not play around you have to take carpentry very seriously if not taken seriously you can get badly injured or even killed . It is important to wear the proper clothen in have the right materials for example, you need a hardhat, a Toolbelt, Safety Glasses in more.

There are many thing needed to no about carpentry, I want to no How can i make a carrer out of carpentry? What field is iam interested in? Which field offer better pay? Which field will i want to do for a living? And can i see myself doing this for many years to come?

No comments: