Monday, May 12, 2008

Research concluded...

As I reach my last research blog I ask myself have i successfully done my research, have I made points on what I wanted out of these research blogs, And ultimately, have I found the answer to my original question " What can sports management do for me, and is this what I want?". I feel that I have in fact answered those questions and done my research carefully. I recently found out that in the field of Sports Management, you will most likely live a rigorous and fast paced career. on (http://careers.state university.com) it stated that "The work entails attending sports events at night and on weekends, although for a sports fan that aspect of the job may be a tremendous perk, it requires extensive travel...and working long hours". I personally would not want to be away from my family and friends constantly but if that was my career I think I'd just have to adjust.

Also i recently learned that in the field of Sports Management as well as marketing professionals " as a rule are college educated" usually the required four years. (Http:// careers.state university.com). To get ahead most college students should start as interns in teams offices and or athletic departments. At Daemen College i know that past college students that majored in Sports management have worked with the Buffalo Sabers and the Buffalo Bisons as well as some other sports teams. Also Athletic directors can come from Sports management. This is a well paying job. At (http://swz.salary.com) I Also found out that the median expected pay for a typical Athletics Director at higher education in the U.S is $96,105 and for a mens Athletic Director at higher education can make a median salary of $82,413.

Point blank period to survive in this field or to strive you must keep that love of the sport your in, alive and well, because like everyone says you will be miserable working a job you do not enjoy. I want this career to be just as enjoyable as if i were on the court playing Basketball. "Many Sports management Professionals are former athletes themselves and come to Sports Management via Business Management" (Http://career.StateUniversity.com). I can really see myself succeeding in this line of work

_______________


http:// careers.State University.com

http://swz. Salary.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chan all I got to say is you better get it lol!I thik you put your point across clearly and in a way that everyone can understand. GOOD JOB =)

Robert F said...

You did a wonderful job, all the facts and information abo salyrs was good. It seems like you no what your doing and sports mangement would be a good carrer for you.

Reece B. (Maurice) said...

hey chandler hows it goin? this research fits you very well, i think you did a good job. i totally agree with your research and opinon.