Monday, May 12, 2008

The Closing Reasearch of My Carpentry Research Paper

So I continue my research which I think I found out enought information on a Apprenticeship but I found out one last thing that gave me a clear view on the Apprenticeship in carpentry. I found out to apply in before you get into the apprenticeship you have to first be a highschool graduate or have your GED in have to be 18 or a high school or be a highschool graduate at 17. I also found out that it is a carpentry math test which is a 2-hr test which you use no calculator but tou get scrap paper. You have to have a passing score of 70%("Carpentry Apprenticeship"). "Patrick LaHaye" a carpenter brought out something important which was that the apprenticeship is a 4 year program no less then 6,240 hour(patrick).

After you take the math test for the apprenticeship in pass with 70% you get setup for a interview. In the interview they let you no if they interested in you in did you qualitify for the apprenticeship program.You got to remember you is competeting for a spot which a certain amount of people get in so even thought you get 70% your goal is to get higger then that 70%. That look for ones that have carpent background so by me going to McKinley they will look at me befor someone that just want to get in the program.

LaHaye, Patrick. "Carpentry Apprenticeship." NWTC 04 03 2008 05 12 2008 .

1 comment:

Ramon B said...

So to be a cetified carpenter you would have to take a test a score over a 70? It sounds interesting. Like being a carpenter isn't too difficult.