Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A reflection on what I've done

As I near the end of this entire research project I'd like to reflect on what I've done and how I feel I did on my finding out the answer to my essential question "What can sports management do for me"?, And will this be a career choice I regret later on in life. Throughout my research I've learned a great deal of information that gave me my answer to my essential question. I've learned that there are a number of different fields that you can go into via sports management for example, becoming a sports agent, In a nutshell they basically represents the athlete as far as money and endorsements go. The only thing that turned me off about that profession was that you basically have that athletes life in your hands and I don't think I could handle that responsibility of knowing I could ruin two lives at once if the wrong moves were made on my part. Then you have the managing of a actual team which is something i could perhaps see myself doing. Managing trades, money, contracts I like that idea. Both of these professions are very competitive but as this industry grows so does the amount of jobs.

Then comes the job of being an Athletic Director. This caught my eye because i know of people in this career and I also have not read anything I didn't like about it or heard anything as well. Like I've said plenty of times, I can see myself really progressing in this line of work, I'll be around sports which is wonderful. The only negitive I see is not making everyone happy as far as getting every sports the supplies they need. They'll have them but they may not as up to date as other sporting activities.

So as i conclude my blogs I think I have successfully found my answer to my question and ready to start my career well after college that is.

No comments: