Thursday, January 31, 2008

Impression on my novel

The Moves Make the Man, by Bruce Brooks
(pages read 1-15).


My immidiate impression of the story was that it was going to be a good one. I'm always ready to read a sports novel whether it be tennis, football, soccer or basketball as long as it has a good sense of teamwork, competition, conflict, and characters with many dimensions.The story starts off with a boy named Jerome telling the reader the events that are currently taking place in his life. His bestfriend Bix has ran away and no one knows why, well no one does besides Jerome, Bix's bestfriend. He begins to tell the reader of what type of kide Bix was and why he doesnt believe his bestfriend would just up and leave without a logical explanation. Jerome was all that Bix had, his family life wasn't to great and caused them to be distant. And now with the disappearance of Bix, Jerome is the only one that can tell his story...his legacy. So far with the little bit of reading I've done I see a great book in my future. Theres already conflict which i feel is a great key in having a good sports novel. I'm just waiting for the other pieces of the puzzle to fall in place. Only time will tell.

5 comments:

Jamar said...

nice job on your post i like how u showed example in details.

reniya f. said...

Good job on your post but i would like to hear why u knew the story was going to be a good one.

GF Eric said...

You brought up a good point on how you like a novel with all that stuff and if it doesn't have it you won't read it. I am the same way, but more picky on what I read. The story starting out with the running away of Jerome's best friend makes for a good story. Judging from the what you wrote here, the story will probably have some tragic part in it.

Anonymous said...

I really like your post because right off the bat you explain the type of novels you enjoy reading and why this novel would keep you intersted. I think it's always good to read about something that your intersted in, I do the same thing!

Mr. Malley said...

Glad you're digging it so far, Chandler. Keep on trucking.