Monday, January 7, 2008

Assessment - Indy Reading Project - December

Ramon - 5/5 completed

Good responses.  I like that you try to vary the prompts you are responding to, and your insight into the way sports books usually work vs. patterns in  The Contender was insightful.  Nice job.

Jamar - 5/5 completed

Decent responses Jamar, although I'd like to see you vary your response topics a bit more.  Remember, when you say something, bring up an example to prove it.  If you're going to talk about images defining characters, then back it up with an example.

Efrain - 5/5 completed
Efrain, nice improvement so far this quarter.  Some responses were strong ("If I Could Ask a Character...") and some were a little weak (the last one was underdeveloped and superficial).  Let's move towards a more even effort next time.

Jeremy - 5/5 completed
Before I get to the good things, I need to yell at you.  CAPITALIZE!  PUNCTUATE!  This stuff is published for the world to see, and I need you to be more mindful of conventions.  
Now, I think your responses are strong (are you referencing that kid from Greece...Jmac?) and I enjoyed the exchange of comments.  It shows a lot that you are willing to go back to clarify.  Nice job.

Chandler - 5/5 completed
I really enjoyed the "Feel it in the Air" response.  Good connection.  The setting response was...umm...umm...how to say nicely...left something to be desired.  Oh yeah, and proofread, dude.  

Taisean  - 3/5 completed

Glad to see you try to catch up, but I have a few things to say.  First of all, I want to hear what you know about Stephen King, not what Stephen King's website has to say.  Put it in your own words.  I'm interested in seeing what you can do now that you'll be here.


No comments: