Friday, December 7, 2007

The Contender pgs 1-52

Now i am somewhat far in my book, I look forward to learning about how the main character (Alfred) will handle present & future problems, & how he will do it. Since Alfred got jumped in the beginning I think he will have to face his enemies in the future. I think it will be handled differently because he won't be so passive now that he takes up boxing. With Alfred I think he is passive, non-agressive, & timid so he might not fight back. But boxing can change ur whole attitude & how u see things. I think this boxing practice might make Alfred more physical, stronger, meaner, & braver. He might jump into more things now that he has fighting confidence. Alfred might face some pesonality issuse because of boxing too. He might get to confident after beating someone & stop his hardwork & training. He might get too crazy for his own good. Or he might go overboard with his punching power & become a bully & treat people how he was treated.

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

Ramon...great responses. I like your insight into this character's behavior, both past and anticipated.